Sunday, February 3, 2013

January 2013

Hello, my dear readers. I'm so happy to write here again!
Let's talk about January. The first thing that comes to my mind related to January is of course the New Year and Christmas (we - the Orthodox Christians celebrate Christmas on the 7th of January following the old calendar style). I usually celebrate these holidays with my family at home, near a decorated Christmas tree, yummy food and nice and cozy holiday atmosphere. Of course, we baked some gingerbread cookies or pepperkakers as they are called in other countries.
This already became a tradition for us and this is the third year we do this. Here are the links to 2011 and 2012 pepperkaker baking. Oh, I adore smelling all those beautiful spices. I usually put a lot of them into my cookies, such as cinnamon, cloves, cardamom, pepper and some orange zest. Just look at those yammies, mmm.... I should start making them more often, then just on Christmas, cuz that's such a pleasure.
This winter we are having a lot of snow here in Kiev and mostly a cold frosty weather. You know, I like when everything goes as it should, it's good to have snow and frost in winter and warm sunny weather in summer. Here's the view from my window in one of the snowiest and windiest days.
And look at this frosty window.
It's been a little bit warmer last few days, but it's still tons of snow around here. And sometimes it's so needed to visit a cozy warm cafe. We love visiting Lviv Handmade Chocolate place. This guys have really tasty chocolate and coffee with cinnamon, nice decor, lovely atmosphere and good old music.
I treated myself with a few colorful yarn balls for future projects lately. Feel absolutely happy with the colors I've chosen. I have already tried the pink one - it looks great - I'll show you later.
Hope you are doing fine and having a great weekends! Wish you lots of inspiration and creativity for the whole upcoming week!

No comments:

Post a Comment